Education and Resources
Several new educational tools, resources and opportunities for training for the commercial provisions of the WSEC are in development. Check this webpage periodically for updates.
Commissioning Fact Sheet (PDF 2.6mb)
Commissioning significantly increases the likelihood that technical details such as system configurations and flow rates, occupancy and temperature settings, and record drawings are correct and complete. Getting these technical details right can have a significant impact on the long-term performance of the building systems. Commissioning requirements in the WSEC elevate the priority for this important step in the construction process. This fact explains the basics of commissioning and when it is required per the WSEC.
Classroom Training and Webinars
ASHRAE Puget Sound Chapter Meeting - Energy Code Workshop
- Date & Time - October 2, 2019, 4:30-9:00pm
- Location - Museum of Flight, Seattle
- Presenters - Duane Jonlin, Energy Code & Conservation Advisor for the City of Seattle, and Lisa Rosenow, Director of Energy Code Services for ETC
- Description - Duane Jonlin will provide a big picture overview of the 2018 WSEC, describing the development path and current strategies as well as recent legislation related to building energy performance. Lisa Rosenow will summarize the most substantive changes anticipated in the 2018 WSEC. She will also provide a brief demonstration of the new WSEC commercial technical support website and online compliance documentation tool.
- Click to register
Southwest Washington Chapter of ICC - 14th Annual Fall Seminar, October 7-10th, 2019
WSEC Commercial Update
- Date & Time - October 10th, 2019, 8:30am-4:00pm
- Location - Water Resources Education Center, 4600 SE Columbia Way, Vancouver
- Presenter - Lisa Rosenow, Director of Energy Code Services for ETC
- Description - Presentation will include a facilitated discussion about the most substantive commercial changes that are anticipated in the 2018 WSEC and ideas for compliance verification. Lisa will share information about specific provisions that will be impacted by these changes including air barrier testing, additional efficiency package options and dedicated outside air systems. She'll also provide a demonstration of the new WSEC commercial technical support website and online compliance documentation tool.
- For registration contact Michelle Finley - Michelle.email@example.com